CommuniGate Systems turns the pages on Internet Communications for 25 years!
3 March 2016, San Francisco, California - Berlin, Germany - CommuniGate Systems, the leader in compliant web and mobile Unified Communications technology for Contact Centers opens another chapter in the evolution of Internet Communications. The company is proud to have served a fiercely loyal customer landscape and global partner network spanning over 200 million end users for two and a half decades of innovation.
Moving thru 25 years in any industry requires not only the capacity to adjust and compensate for change, but also deliver compelling products for customers that might not have existed in previous product cycle generations. The company has sailed thru more than 2 decades of profitability with no outstanding debts and remains determined to open new markets with innovative products that were not possible to envision circa 1991.
Today the Internet has moved into a model where people not only are mobile in terms of their physical work habits, but also the devices are oriented towards mobility slipping into the pocket or pouch vs laying on the desk. Furthermore, we all typically have many devices connected to services today, compared to when the desk PC was not only king, but it was normally the only device a user had. Adding to the expansion of mobility, the devices now themselves are becoming "connected" thru the so called "IoT" or "Internet of Things" phase of the evolutionary process.
The chief milestones of reflection for the company is mirrored to the phases of the evolution of the Internet itself. Since the company's focus has always been around Internet Protocol communications, as these protocols have improved, or entered the market, we have adapted and evolved ourselves.
Highlights of technical and industry achievements:
- Founded in 1991 developing IP based device sharing technology in Germany.
- 1994 established San Francisco as the company HQ with beginning of the CommuniGate server development as the Internet adoption exploded in growth.
- By 1996 the company was the market leader for Apple systems email services.
- CommuniGate FAX bundled with Apple GeoPort discs in the Apple computer distribution channel .
- From 1998 onward CommuniGate became CommuniGate Pro and IMAP was introduced.
- In 2003 SIP and Realtime communication is added with the CG/PL programming environment transforming the server into a Platform and development environment. With version 5.0 CommuniGate Pro joins the SpecSIP and IMS steering groups and outperforms every known VoIP signaling platform without exception to this day. IPv6 is added to ensure future proof innovation in the ever expanding Internet global network.
- 2015 marks the advent of CommuniGate Pro Contact Center with WebRTC.
"Moving thru decades of Internet and IT change requires fast thinking and innovation that is 3 steps ahead of the next guy. We have come from leading the market in Apple systems in the days when ISPs were in the garages of many homes scattered around Silicon Valley to powering global network operators and telecom carriers. Today we are back to large scale Enterprises with WebRTC and mobile applications that are powering the core and most fundamentally important communications function; the Contact Center. This core business communication app touches every brands’ customer in the most meaningful way requiring absolute dependability with innovative features" said Jon Doyle, Vice President, CommuniGate Systems.
CommuniGate Pro Contact Center ver2.0 features include:
- Web based Agents using WebRTC technology
- Integration to leading CRMs - MS Dynamics, salesforce.com + many more
- Encryption for secure calls
- Biometric authentication and validation services
- Advanced monitoring of active calls in "whisper mode"
- Call recording and injection into CRM, provisioning or ticketing systems
- Secure Instant Messaging and Chat rooms
- Fault tolerance with Dynamic Clustering
- Media transcoding of WebRTC to SIP
- IPv6 to IPv4 transcoding
- Custom branding and extensibility
About CommuniGate Systems
CommuniGate Systems develops the world’s most efficient and secure Unified Communications technology, enabling businesses of any size to better connect and collaborate. CommuniGate Pro provides unprecedented efficiency at extreme scale with an all active member Dynamic Cluster technology. The unique multi-threaded technology holds all known world records and has unchallenged performance delivering the best value to organizations that take security and efficiency seriously.
Companies that depend upon CommuniGate Pro for their secure Unified Communications include; NASA, British Airways, SITA, US Missile and Space Command, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Lockheed Martin, Aeroenvironment, along with more than 17,000 other businesses with more than 190 million end users.
CommuniGate Systems Press Contacts:
San Francisco +1 415 569 2280
Berlin Phone: +49 30 2589 5018